- Buying Online Businesses Website (https://buyingonlinebusinesses.com)
- Resources for Buying Online Businesses (https://buyingonlinebusinesses.com/freeresources/)
- Investors Club Membership (https://investors.club)
- The Road Less Stupid by Keith Cunningham (https://www.amazon.com/Road-Less-Stupid-Keith-Cunningham/dp/0984659269)
- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com/)
- The Business of Podcasting (https://www.valhermedia.com/podcast)
Anyone who owns an online business knows that there are plenty of risks and things to learn to make sure they move forward in the best possible way. Thankfully, we’ve got a few things to say to help you out.
Joining us for this episode is Charley Valher, Founder of Valher Media and creator of The Business of Podcasting podcast. We’ll be talking about the risks to consider when buying and scaling your online business and how you can prevent them by learning from others and taking the time to do some research. This episode is surely for new and current online business owners alike.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- A brief look into the state of the website business industry [04:07]
- The dangers of having your business on just one platform [06:41]
- The risk of choosing a business model you aren’t equipped to handle [09:03]
- Staying updated with algorithms for each platform you’re in [11:47]
- Why good internet marketing is like being a Chef [15:27]
- Minimise risks by taking time to do some research [16:22]
- Doing due diligence is the best way to learn how to buy a business [19:44]
- The advantages of collaborating instead of competing [20:28]
- Why it’s good to have people to tell you why you’re wrong [23:29]
- Having an evergreen product/business that can’t be replicated [26:24]
- A good cash reserve is the ultimate risk-reduction tool [30:08]
Charley Valher is a serial business owner and educator from Melbourne, Australia. He is best known for his unique approach to building businesses via podcasting and developing companies in a way that creates more time and leverage for the business owner. Charley is also the host of The Business of Podcasting, a podcast that gives aspiring podcasters the nitty-gritty of the business.
- Charley’s personal website: https://charleyvalher.com
- Valher Media on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/valhermedia
- Valher Media on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZd7saQ4UFkeP5boN25Kiig?
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. You may also leave us a review on anywhere you listen to and give us feedback! There’s a lot more to learn when it comes to buying online businesses, and I’m here to help!
Connect with Jaryd Krause of Buying Online Businesses:
- Follow on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/JarydKrause1)
- Subscribe on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3g6G2USlnq7EgnUsajTBw)