- Buying Online Businesses Website (https://buyingonlinebusinesses.com)
- Resources for Buying Online Businesses (https://buyingonlinebusinesses.com/freeresources/)
- Investors Club Membership (https://investors.club)
- Electric Eye Website (https://electriceye.io/)
- Honest Ecommerce Podcast (https://honestecommerce.co/)
There’s more to buying eCommerce sites than just signing a deal – knowing how to assess performance and doing due diligence are incredibly important to set you up for success.
In this episode, we have a chat with Chase Clymer, Co-founder of Electric Eye and host of the Honest Ecommerce podcast. We cover a range of topics like how link structure is important to getting better conversions and why site performance should be looked at before sealing the deal.
Shopify site owner or not, there’s heaps you can learn from this episode.
- First steps to take when buying a site [02:45]
- Site traffic is largely affected by design & user experience [04:17]
- Top-line navigation is largely overlooked [07:56]
- What links should you show in the top navigation and the footer? [08:45]
- Organizing your product pages well for an easy customer journey & better conversion rates [11:00]
- The next steps to balance the design, branding, and data layout of your site [16:17]
- AB Testing as a means to figure out which layout has better conversion rates [20:20]
- Which comes first: site optimization or creating ad campaigns? [24:58]
- Site performance is an important factor to consider before sealing the deal [27:41]
- A look at marketing for Shopify & eCommerce stores [30:05]
- Content doesn’t have to just be professional – it needs to be honest [34:00]
Chase Clymer is the Co-founder of Electric Eye, an agency that increases sales for eCommerce brands. He is also the host of Honest Ecommerce, a weekly podcast, community & educational resource providing online store owners with honest, actionable advice to increase their sales and grow their business.
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. You may also leave us a review on anywhere you listen to and give us feedback! We really appreciate it!
Connect with Jaryd Krause of Buying Online Businesses:
Follow on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/JarydKrause1)
Subscribe on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3g6G2USlnq7EgnUsajTBw)