- Buying Online Businesses Website (https://buyingonlinebusinesses.com)
- Download the Due Diligence Framework (https://buyingonlinebusinesses.com/freeresources/)
- Valher Media Website (https://www.valhermedia.com)
We did it!
With our due diligence, we scored a great buy for a site that we’re adding to our portfolio project and we’re excited to share our experience.
In this episode of The Portfolio series, we cover the process of buying a site, how we made sure that we set expectations right, and how we covered our bases while we deal with our own emotions. Join me and my co-host Charley as we bring you some crucial points that will help you prepare for your next website project.
This is an episode you won’t want to miss!
Get this podcast on your preferred platform: RSS | Omny | iTunes | Youtube | Spotify | Overcast | Stitcher
- How we ended up with the site we bought [02:09]
- The latest in our portfolio’s parenting niche [5:11]
- Talking numbers in our latest website purchase [08:32]
- Using escrow service vs. paying straight up [11:41]
- Laying down the terms and taking charge of the migration process [13:07]
- The slow and painful process of transferring a domain [18:54]
- Why you absolutely have to double-check everything [21:17]
- Asking the hosting company to verify the process helps a lot [25:02]
- Covering your bases includes having adequate support and external verification [27:20]
About The Co-Host:
Charley Valher is the Chief Podcast Officer of Valher Media, a company that helps business owners scale their businesses and get more profit through podcasting. He is also the host of The Business of Podcasting, a podcast that aims to give podcasters the nitty-gritty of podcasting.
If you liked this episode, please don’t forget to subscribe, tune in, and share this podcast. You may also leave us a review on anywhere you listen to and share your feedback!
Connect with Jaryd Krause of Buying Online Businesses:
Follow on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/JarydKrause1)
Subscribe on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3g6G2USlnq7EgnUsajTBw)